Friday, January 26, 2007

Becoming Your Parents !!!!


It is strange when you realize you are becoming your parents. Many of my friends have always told me that I will be just like my mom but I never really believed them until now. I see traits from both of my parents coming through. Some funny things I have begun to do like my parents include...
*After 10:00pm I get a bit goofy, thanks to trish
* I am paranoid about money, thanks to rog
*I make up the most random songs for andrew just like I always made fun of my mom for doing
*I express my love for everything and everyone almost to a fault just like my dad always did

Of course I could continue naming them off one by one but I will end there.

Maybe I should be scared or worried but I think more than anything I am greatful because my parents are some of the greatest people I have ever known. I actually hope I continue to be more and more like them.

I love you guys!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Hilarious. I could use another Trish in my life so bring it on!!!

I also have found myself acting more like my mom lately- it's crazy!!

niki said...

I love this post and the picture! I remember how giddy Trish gets after ten! I love it! I am JUST like my mom and I never thought it was possible. I will have to start looking for some similarities with Art! :)

Scott and Katie said...

This picture totally made me smile! You do have the greatest parents ever. Two of my favorite memories... Trish chaperoning senior trip and Rog telling the toolbox story in LP!

taryn said...

I'm with you, leash! I think when you have great parents, why not embrace it, right?! I hope to be just like my mom...and hope I am at least on my way. Love the picture, by the way!

The Sagers Family said...

How funny is this. I never thought I would run into an old friend while blog surfing. Good to see you Alisha! I have a blog as well at thesagersfamily.blogspot.com. come visit anytime. Anyways, just wanted to say a quick hello.

Megan (gourley) Sagers

Chelsea said...

That picture with your parents is beautiful! I will never forget your dad coaching our awesome Jr. Jazz team! ps this is Chelsea Logan. chelsealorimer@blogspot