Thursday, January 25, 2007

Signs of Momhood


Being a mom is amazing. You don't understand until you have been there. I love my husband more than ever but my love for my baby is different. I would do anything for him. Even act like a goof. Your life completely changes when they arrive. Some might think it is a burden but I love every second of it. These are some signs of momhood I have experienced,


1. You start offering to cut up other peoples food
2. I play peek-a-boo in the middle of the grocery store
3. You only have time to shave one leg.
4. You get excited about the word Ball
5. Your child thrws up and you catch it.
6. You count the sprinkles on a cupcake to make sure they are equal. ( not experienced with my own kid but have with nieces and nephews)
7. You take a portable potty everywhere since it is the only one they will use. (again with nieces and nephews)
8. You get excited over poop...it had been awhile since the last one if you know what i mean.
9. When someone elses kid screams in an airplane for an hour and a half it doesn't even phase you.
10. The song stuck in your head while you fall asleep is the ABC's
11. You can be mad as ever at them but as soon as you see them sleep you forget anything that ever made you mad.

5 comments:

Scott and Katie said...

I've been thinking how amazing it is that I love my babies so much. I would do absolutely anything for them. I loved this post... It is so fun because I can relate. I love that you are paving the way on the parenthood journey and can send me all your tips! Can't wait for Andrew and the girls to be friends! (or more than friends he he)

Heidi said...

I do have 20 nieces and nephews so I can relate to a few of those things. I love those kiddos sooo much, I can't even imagine how will feel when I actually have a baby of my own.

You are a good blogger lately and I love it, please keep it up forever, I like to learn what is going through your head and on in your life.

blythe said...

This was a fun post. It makes me think of what I have to look forward to. I'm not too sure about catching throw up! Congrats to Andrew for saying his first word!

jessica said...

Oh no I'm in trouble I only have time to shave one leg now, I can only imagine what will happen when we have kids.

Kelly said...

Hey--It's Kelly from freshman year and I have found everyone's blogs thanks to Niki and Megan so it is so fun to keep in touch now. Your family is sooo cute. All of those things are so true and I can totally relate--so funny:)