Monday, August 25, 2008

MeatLoaf MeatLoaf Double BeatLoaf I Hate Meatloaf....Until now


I have never liked meatloaf...it sounds gross it looks gross and it always tasted gross. I found the best recipe with a secret ingredient....cheese. Anyway, we really like this recipe and since many of you have requested more recieps ... here it goes

Cheddar Meat Loaves
1 egg
3/4 c. milk
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c. quick oats
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. salt
1 lb. ground beef
2/3 c. ketchup
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. prepared mustard

in a bowl beat the egg and milk. Stir in the cheese, oats, onion powder, and salt. Add the beef and mix well. I put it into 4 small loaf pans. Combine ketchup, brown sugar and mustard, Spoon over loaves. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30-45 min...or until meat is not longer pink. It makes about 8 servings... If Kevin is eating it makes about 4 :)

5 comments:

Amy said...

MMM..that sound yummy. I'm going to try it. Thanks!

Amanda said...

I HATE meatloaf, but Brady always wasn't it. I don't think I have made it once since we've been married and I will have to try this one. Wish Me Luck!

Amanda said...

Also, I really do want the recipes for these yummy treats if you don't mind sharing:
* On Sunday dinners I always make the rolls
* When people help us out they usually expect my cinnamon rolls
* I have a great recipe for ham
* And for some reason my bread sticks have become famous.

I have been thinking about them all since your last post. I'll give you my email so we can chat about it easier.
amandaflamm@hotmail.com

Heidi said...

hey I have a recipe blog that anyone can post on- you should share this and any other recipes you love!! the link is on my blog- its called internecipes and the login info is on the page

The Church's said...

I hate meatloaf too!! It grosses me out. Greg loves it but I will never make it.