Friday, October 17, 2008

Kevin Exclusive

I saw this on a friends blog and thought this would be fun for many of you to get to know Kevin better since I am always the one blabbing on here. I also thought I would be fun for our kids to have.

1. Where did you meet? We met on a study abroad in Vienna, Austria. We had the best time and were engaged by the time we came home...well except the whole meet and ask the parents thing. Because my Dad isn't around my brothers said there is no way you are engaged until all 4 of us meet him and approve.He is from AZ and me from Utah so introductions couldn't be immediately. A week after we got home from Vienna he met us in Florida for a family trip. The whole Tullis Fam for one week with their eyes on you...talk about pressure.

2. How long did you date before you were married? We dated but it was sort of speed dating. We laugh because all of a sudden we were flying home and I had no way to contact him. I remember asking him for his number...this was after we were planning on getting married. When I first called him he sounded weird. I had never talked to him on the phone. We were in Vienna for 4 months and then were engaged for about 4 months so I would have to say about 8 months.

3. How long have you been married? 5 years in April! Isn't this supposed to be the diamond year or something? hehe, jk

4. What does he do that surprises you? He surprised me with different things all the time. He has never loved Valentine's Day because things are expected. He would much rather show up with some flowers or a sugar cookie when I was least expecting it.

5. What is your favorite feature of his? I can only pick one hu?..... I guess I would have to say the smile. It is contagious. Oh and he has really great lips!!!

6. What is your favorite quality of his? Once again only one? I guess I would say his unselfishness. He would do anything for anyone at the drop of a hat. He spent all morning today (his one day off) over at my mom's mowing her lawn and fixing things in her house.

7. Does he have a Nickname for you? He calls me Babe...not too exciting.

8. What is his favorite color? Green, Green, and more Green...we laugh at him because he loves it...the brighter the better. Isn't green supposed to mean something? Andrew thinks it is a grouchy color because of one of his books but I know better :)

9. What is his favorite food? Anything homemade! Too bad for me hu? No, I like to cook. He would rather me cook ham and potatoes than go out to eat any day. Oh, and check this out...he would rather have seconds than dessert. Weirdo!!! More for me!

10. What is his favorite sport? His favorite sport growing up was always basketball...I tell you this, he can keep up for sure. Since his knees are bad and I convinced him it wasn't the "Rich People Sport" he has really enjoyed tennis. We do that quite often together.

11. When and where was your first kiss? First kiss was in front of a world famous Opera House in downtown Vienna. We had just walked around the city and snow had just started to fall. I do have to add that we were with his sister and he pretty much told her to leave...he said "Don't you have some homework or something you need to do?" In other words he wasn't too slick...I could see it coming.

12. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? Travel!! We love taking off on new adventures...it was a little easier when we didn't have 2 little rugrats but we still love them.

13. Do you have children? Ya, two amazing boys. Jackson 1 this month and Andrew 3 in March.

14. Does he have a hidden talent? He is really smart...like nerdy smart and I love it. He will be embarrassed that I told the world but he just took a big Pharmacy Admittance test and scored the 92nd percentile. One of us needs to know how to use our brains...I am back learning the Alphabet all over again.

15. How old is he? 26...some days 26 going on 18!jk

16. Who said I love you first? He did. I was leaving for the night..I had to catch the very last Ubohn so that I could catch the very last Shnellbon to my home in the outskirts of town and he said it right as I was about the leave. At first I didn't know what to say. I think I asked him how he knew...typical girl hu?...me trying to discuss it. I think I finally said it too, but I don't know if it was that night.

17. What is his favorite type of music? He like most everything. He probably likes alternative the best. He also has all this music from back in the day that he still loves...Led Zeppelin, They Might Be Giants.

18. What do you admire most about him? How great a dad he is! He wants to be involved in everything. I think that is one reason he changed his career choice. He knew that doctors are on call, and work hard hours, and during school and residency he would miss a lot of the boys lives. I am just happy that he loves being a dad and that he puts his family first...whatever he decides to to.

19. Do you think he will read this? Only because he knows I am doing a husband post! I love you Baby!!!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Ben is the same way about Valentine's Day and surprises at other times of the year. Kevin is a good hubby for you I am glad you found him.

Anonymous said...

Your first kiss sounds so romantic. Mine and Adams was while we were watching "Aracnophobia" Nice huh? You guys are such a cute couple! Can't wait to see ya on Fri!