Monday, October 13, 2008

Pumpkins


I begged Andrew to come over for a Picture.

Me...Alone carving pumpkins for our fun family activity.

So we got around to carving Pumpkins last night. I had a great time but I think everyone else could have passed. Strange hu? What kid doesn't like to carve pumpkins...apparently mine. Kevin hates carving pumpkins. He hates the smell and the goo inside. I decided I would go ahead and carve some anyway with the kids. Jackson was off by the time I washed the pumpkin and Andrew was gone soon after. As soon as I cut off the top Andrew got this disgusted look on his face and started to dry heave! He would not touch it. I couldn't believe it. I could barely wait to dig in to the "gobbly goo", as Andrew called it. So anyway, I carved pumpkins by myself last night. I have actually already got another pumpkin to do before Halloween...that's what it takes to get some alone time around here.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Ben doesn't like carving pumpkins either and the verdict is still out on Max- I love it! I would come carve at your family activity if I lived nearby!

natalie palmer said...

you are seriously entertaining! james and i love your funny updates and i wish i was there to carv pumpkins with you. i LOVE the feel and the SMELL of the gobbly goo! mmmm, i can imagine the smell right now!

natalie palmer said...

btw we want to know how kevin felt his interview in virginia went!? do you think he got in with the long beard and the morning breath? :)

Hinton Family said...

haha, He felt really gold about it. They are supposed to let us know in the next few weeks so we will keep you updated. Apparently he fit right in with the scruff and bad BO.haha jk Luckily he hit up a store to get some supplies.