Sunday, July 13, 2008

Greatest Place on Earth


Most people have a spot that they might consider the greatest place on earth....mine is Lake Powell. No trip tops it. We were lucky enough to head down there this past week. It is for sure different with kids but fun in a different way. I tell Kevin one of our first big purchases must be a boat. I can do without furniture or without a really nice car, but I can't do without a boat. Growing up my family always had a boat and I have such great memories from it. I know that my family grew closer from it. I want that for my kids.

Here is Andrew trying out the kneeboard. He was so willing to try everything new. When older kids were scared to do the tubes or the slide he jumped at the chance.

Adam launching water balloons to the swimmers. Of course Andrew was hit but thought it was the funnest thing ever. He wanted to do it again.

Kevin preparing for an early morning ski run.

Nightly tubs in the very clean lake.

Andrew jumping off the houseboat. He spent about 75% of his time doing just that.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Ha ha I love the pic of Andrew jumping off the back. He is such a cool kid. And Jackson looks the same size as Andrew- how is that? I am heading to Powell in a week from today- I can hardly wait!!!

Heidi said...

O PS I am dying of laughter from your stories on the sidebar- which brother did he say was cute? Andrew is a mush!

Bekah: said...

ahh how fun! that is my favorite place too. i'd love to buy a houseboat. we should totally go in on one together, someday! will we ever really be finished with school and making money ;)

i forsee many fun vacations to powell together. aldo and hinton... woo hoo!

Anonymous said...

You guy's are such a cute family! I agree, I want a boat so bad. Adam and I have good memories going out on his family's boat with everyone! We should all take their boat out sometime. It was so great seeing you guy's! Sorry we wern't very much fun:(

Lauren said...

so much fun! you are a trooper for taking two little ones on the boat... that is not as easy as it sounds. you and Kev must be the 'funnest' parents ever - does Andrew have any idea??