Monday, July 28, 2008

Chicken Pot Pie

I have not always been the best cook but I try and have actually made a few things that I am now famous for...
* On Sunday dinners I always make the rolls
* When people help us out they usually expect my cinnamon rolls
* I have a great recipe for ham
* And for some reason my bread sticks have become famous.

Anyway, I am not trying to toot my own horn I just know many of you think I don't cook. I want to share some recipes and now since you know I do okay cooking you can take my recipes and expect something decent. :) I do have a great Cheesy Pot Pie Recipe I made last night. I try to make our food fun so the kids will eat it. Last night the pot pie had Jackson's face on it. Take a look.




Do you see the resemblance?.....Ya neither did Kevin. Kevin just likes to laugh at me. That's okay though because Andrew and Jackson ate it really well. If you want the recipe here it is....not including the wonderful face I made on top.

Crust
2 c flour
1 t salt
1/2 c cold water
1 c butter Crisco

Cream sauce
3 T butter, melt
1/4 c. flour, stir in, cook 2 min
1 1/2 c milk, whisk smooth

Chicken
enough to get 4 cups, cooked in broth with bay leaves
Veggies
1/2 c onion, saute
1/2 c celery
2 c potatoes
1 c carrots

1 1/2 c broth and boil til tender, add chicken and cream sauce

roll out lower crust. Pour in veggies, top with 2 c cheese
then top with crust....design how you want
Brush top crust with milk and sprinkle sugar over

bake at 425 for 40 min.

Enjoy...My kids loved it

3 comments:

Amanda said...

YUM! I will def try it out. I would also like your other recipes you spoke of; I am always looking for some new ideas.

Heidi said...

Hm how can I help you out so that I get some cinnamin rolls in return? ;-)

I am just thinking of high school when we would make cake mix and eat it plain. that was the extent of our cooking abilities back in the day- hilarious!

Amy said...

Hinton fam! This is the Jackson's ! I found your blog through another and recognized Kevin. It's Amy (Cornett)Jackson we were in 61st ward together and our family's know each other. Your boys are the cutest little men EVER. We have a blog and our address is robandamysfamily.blogspot.com
How fun! We'd love to keep in touch. I'm totally copy and pasting this recipe it sounds YUMMY.