Monday, July 28, 2008

Dad

Happy Birthday!

I was inspired by a great friend to give you a tribute



I wish you were here. I wish so bad that you could meet my three boys. I have a wonderful husband who reminds me a lot of you actually. My little boys are amazing. Andrew has your excitement for life and Jackson has your dark brown eyes. They are fun and perfect and they want to meet their Grandpa Roger. I wish they could know you rather than only know stories. We talk about you and visit your grave often. I wish I could hug you and that you could let me know that you are proud of me. I wish cancer didn't take you away from us.

I miss you. I miss you in Lake Powell. I miss working with you. I miss your hugs and your laugh. I miss your optimism about everyone and everything. I miss Saturday trips to Costco for a hot dog. I miss the comfort that I had knowing you were a phone call away. I miss sunday night popcorn and orange julius. I miss your laugh. I miss your council. I miss your sure testimony of the gospel.

I love you. I have learned things from you that I will always cherish. You are such and example to me of how I want to live my life. I can't wait till you get to meet my three boys and until I get to see you again.

"Love surrounds your every thought...I'll meet you there"

7 comments:

Amanda said...

That was a beautiful tribute Alicia. Thank you for sharing it with us all.

Heidi said...

Leash I am crying. How blessed to have Roger as your dad. I am glad I got to know him through lake powell trips and living on Shadow Wood. I too amg lad you shared this. You are a great example to me of strength. Your little ones surely do know him already!

Keri Cannon said...

I loved your dad! What an amazing tribute! It's so good to hear from you! Your little boys are so adorable! I can't wait to be a cute mommy like you someday.

The Church's said...

What you said was so true. I also loved your dad he was like a second to me. My dad really looked up to him too. He would be so proud of you.

Lauren said...

how wonderful that you see your father in you darling little boys. Surely that is one of Heavenly Father's tender mercies to you. bless you leash - how proud your father must be of you and your wonderful family

niki said...

Leash- Thanks for sharing this beautiful tribute to such a wonderful man! You are an incredible person and I am sure so much of that came from him! Love you!

blythe said...

Leash, what a beautiful post. I am sure your dad is so, so proud of you and the mother that you are. Thanks for sharing! Love ya!