Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Ambulance


My mom called me first thing yesterday and asked me if I wanted to go to IKEA to look for some furniture with her. Kevin was home so I jumped at the chance to leave during my kids naps. We had a great time...found some wonderful stuff and got ice cream as we were leaving. I stayed inside waiting for them to bring us some of our things while my mom backed up the car.

Next think I knew my mom was on her back on the ground. I walked outside thinking what in the world are you doing. Little did I know that while she was trying to fix the backseat of her car she tried to get out of the burb and her foot got stuck. She fell about 3 feet right on her hip.

We couldn't move her so they called 911 and we were taken to the hospital in an ambulance. To make a long story short she broke her hip and had surgery today. She is doing well but can't put any weight on it for 6 weeks. If you know my mom that is about a lifetime. The bank and the post office will receive about half their business with my mom down and out.

Today I am thankful for my mom. She is so amazing and does so much for me. I hope that she will allow me to help her during this trial in her life. I am sure she will need it!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

We heard about this and are so sorry! My mom wants me to tell you she has a spare twin bed that you guys could take if she needs a bed on the ground floor (no going up stairs). Get well soon Tricia!

Mark and Karen said...

That is so awful! I hope she doesn't have too much pain and heals quickly. I couldn't imagine being down this time of year.

Scott and Katie said...

Oh no! Poor Trish!! We're thinking of her and hope she recovers quickly.

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh. I am so sorry. Send my love and let me know if I can help. I would be more then willing to take the boys while you help clean, cook, whatever...

Bobbi said...

Same here--any help you need I am available. Give my love to Trish, and please call me with any assignments! When is she coming home? She is an great lady and I send my love to her.