Saturday, November 01, 2008

Thankful For...

Today I was telling Kevin how excited I was for Christmas. Now that Halloween is over we can decorate and put up lights and listen to music and go shopping. He asked me about Thanksgiving and if we were just going to forget about it. I replied by saying..."We can just be thankful for Christmas !" I am a nerd I know but seriously Christmas deserves more than just one month right?

Anyway, It got me thinking about how I do sort of skip out of Thanksgiving. I decided to add something I am thankful for to each post this month. I am still decorating for Christmas and listening to Christmas music but I will be consciously trying to remember all that I am thankful for. I hope this works.



Today I am thankful to have been raised in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I have amazing parents that taught me the correct principles of this gospel. I am grateful that I know about all that our Father in Heaven has in store for us. I am thankful that I know about eternal families. I don't know how I would have handled my fathers death otherwise. I am grateful for Christ and especially for the atonement because I sure do need it :) I will stop rambling but first things first...this gospel is amazing. I am now starting my own family and trying to raise my little family in as great a home and I was raised.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

It is a great blessing to have that knowledge. So powerful.