Sunday, November 30, 2008

Christmas

Another Tag...I know. I think it will be fun to have in the future. I also thought it was fun to see how others celebrate Christmas time.


1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate although I don't just love it.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or sit them under the tree? Neither. We set our stockings in our spot and then he displays our presents in our spot in the room. When we came downstairs in the morning it looked amazing...a room full of presents!

3. Colored or white lights on tree and house? We used to do colored on the house but this year they are white everywhere.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? I have before but not usually.

5. When do you put your decorations up? We always did it the weekend after Thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? To Butter mints count? I could have them and only them for any meal. Real food...Parmesan chicken and twice baked potatoes.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I can't choose just one. I loved them all for different reasons. I love everything....the treats, the songs, the smells, the family time, the gifts, the giving, the snow...okay okay I could go on forever.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What truth...If we didn't believe, even as adults we didn't receive a thing. I remember being about 20 and my mom telling me to go to bed at like 9:00 so Santa could come. I have a hard time going to bed on Christmas Eve let alone if it is at 9:00.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I don't remember opening a gift but my little family does. We open our Christmas PJ's that we get to wear that night!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Red Balls, Ornaments and lights. I started giving each or my little boys ornaments each year that represented something. They are fun to have on the tree.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love new snow...It looks ugly after a few days. All black and icy.

12. Can you ice skate? ya, sort of, I took lessons for awhile. I haven't been for a long time.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? It is crazy but I don't really remember. I have received a bike, and an American girl doll and a few other really fun gifts but I remember the things I was excited to give more.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family time. I love being with family and we have such fun traditions.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Butter mints, Butter mints, Butter mints!Oh ya and they have to be homemade...homemade camel's are up there too.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Christmas Eve we have huge party. We used to do it at my Grandma's house but now my mom does it. We have dinner, the nativity, a program, play bingo and the quarter game. So much fun!

17. What tops your tree? A star

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving!! Giving... Like I said before I get more excited with all the things I get to give. Especially when it comes to my three little boys...including Kevin (my other little kid at Christmas Time)

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I love just about every Christmas song but I think "O Holy Night" and "Where You There" are my favorites.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Don't love them don't hate them

I would love to hear how everyone else celebrates so do it on your blog too!

1 comment:

McCall said...

butter mints? i have never made them. i have to try your recipe. PLEASE e-mail it to me... mccallrandall@gmail.com